RISK & COMPLIANCE CONSULTING SERVICES
REGULATORY & COMPLIANCE: PII, HIPAA, PHI, US-EU SAFE HARBOR (RISK MITIGATION)
EPC Group provides expert consulting services around your organization’s data that may have specific regulatory considerations, laws, and industry specific questions that must be considered because if they are ignored the organization may be open to litigation or penalties.
EPC Group’s approach covers environments that both on-premise (private cloud), in the cloud (public cloud) or are hosted in a combination with resources in both types of environments in a “hybrid cloud” scenario.
EPC Group provides for guidance and provides strategies and asks questions such as:
- What compliance is required under privacy regulations that are specific to your organization?
- Are you storing any Personally Identifiable Information (PII)? PII is information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person or can be used with other sources to uniquely identify a single individual. | Sensitive PII is a combination of PII elements, which if lost, compromised, or disclosed without authorization could be used to inflict substantial harm, embarrassment, inconvenience, or unfairness to an individual.
- Are you storing HIPAA or PHI data within your organization’s systems? PHI is any information about health status, provision of health care, or payment for health care that can be linked to a specific individual. | Under the US Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), PHI that is linked based on the following list of 18 identifiers must be treated with special care.
- Are there any globally specific regulations such as those in the European Union (EU)? US-EU Safe Harbor is a streamlined process for US companies to comply with the EU Directive 95/46/EC on the protection of personal data.
RISK & COMPLIANCE CONSULTING
EPC Group provides over a decade of proven strategies that can help turn risk and compliance efforts into true ROI opportunities to drive sustainable underlying business value.
As the overall business and regulatory environment continues to quickly evolve, many organizations face unprecedented regulatory scrutiny, emerging and systemic risks that can challenge traditional strategies and assumptions.
EPC Group will work with your organization and its business leaders to provide a means in which to balancing the pursuit of corporate performance objectives all while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements.
Many organizations are seeking answers that will help them align corporate strategy and culture to protect financial and reputational assets.
This must all occur while balancing and driving both the short and long term performance goals of the organization while managing and achieve regulatory compliance.
EPC Group will provide proven strategies to develop the proper approach to identifying and managing risk in areas such as:
- Driving business performance through convergence of risk and compliance processes and business intelligence (BI)
- Increasing the underlying business value by transforming the business model to be more risk aware and adept
- Improving risk business intelligence (BI) and strengthening decision making and business strategy
EPC Group’s Nationally Recognized Practice Areas
EPC Group leading Custom Application Development, SharePoint, Office 365, Infrastructure Design and Business Intelligence Practice areas continue to lead the way in providing our clients with the most up-to-date and relevant information that is tailored to their individual business and functional needs.
Additional “From the Consulting Trenches” strategies and methodologies are covered in EPC Group’s new book, “SharePoint 2013 Field Guide: Advice from the Consulting Trenches” covering not only SharePoint 2013, Office 365 and SharePoint Online but Information Management, ECM\RM and overall compliance strategies in this ever changing world of “Hybrid IT.”