How is Microsoft Dynamics 365 implemented?
Businesses now use more innovative technologies to enhance their processes. Microsoft Dynamics 365 is among these technologies. Is Dynamics 365 implementation right for your business? Read more.
What does Microsoft Dynamics 365 include?
ERP and CRM (Finance and Operations, Retail, Human Resource, Sales, Customer Service, Project Service Automation, Field Service, Marketing, Business Central)
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an on-premise and cloud product that includes ERP functions (back-office) and CRM (front-office). Office 365 services can provide mobility, intelligence, security, scalability, compatibility, and digital transformation for your organization. Microsoft Dynamics 365 can be your efficient implementation partner to improve your business processes.
Dynamics 365 ERP and CRM
ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning is a solution platform for the optimization of back-office and internal processes. Enterprise resource planning implementation provides you with practical modules like Finance and Operations, Retail, Human Resource, Supply Chain Management, and more.
- Finance and Operations: Dynamics 365 Finance offers automation of financial processes. It can provide greater service and planning tools.
- Retail: With ERP implementation, you can make a personalized shopping experience with digital and physical channels.
- Human Resource: It can offer your team the right tools in choosing the best candidates.
- Supply Chain Management: Dynamics 365 can improve your supply chains and operations using innovative tools like AI or artificial intelligence.
CRM or Customer Relationship Management is a solution that manages the front-office task. Dynamics 365 can help in business application areas, including Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, Field Services, Project Service Automation, and Business Central.
Dynamics 365 CRM modules
- Sales: The software is efficient for establishing personalized relationships and workflow automation. Additionally, it can also give valuable insights that will guide your sales team to improve their sales management.
- Customer Service: With this implementation approach, you can offer more customized services using different channels like email, telephone, web, social networks, and mobile applications. It can also record the feedback of your customers.
- Marketing: Dynamics 365 system can provide your business units the best tools for your marketing efforts. You can connect marketing data with the sales area, manage campaigns and generate more least through websites and events.
- Field Service: The software allows you to empower technicians in the field by using virtual connections, which reduce redundancies and streamline jobs.
- Project Service Automation: Dynamics 365 CRM can help your business manage different projects with specific time and cost of implementation.
With the successful implementation of CRM and ERP, you can have actionable insights that will help you improve decision-making for your business success. Both CRM and ERP solutions aim to enhance the profitability and efficiency of any organization by solving larger issues in companies.
How does Dynamics 365 work?
Dynamics 365 implementation processes can help your business to be more profitable and successful.
- Enhances integration: Microsoft Dynamics 365 comes with a structured implementation methodology. You can integrate it to financial, operation, and customer data in an intelligent and common system.
- Familiarity: The software comes with the same user interface and framework as previous solutions in Microsoft. With this, you can quickly adapt and learn its tools to enhance productivity within your organization.
- Scalability: Microsoft Dynamics 365 implementation services business solutions can meet your business needs without additional costs.
How to choose the best suited Dynamics 365 module for your business?
Dynamics 365 features different modules you can choose for your implementation project success. If you can’t decide which are the best Dynamics 365 modules for your business, you must first consider your business requirements. It is also a good idea to evaluate which areas of your business need attention to enhance your business operations.
To give you an idea of which Dynamics 365 module is best for your organization. The following is a list of modules and apps in Dynamics 365.
Dynamics 365 can provide you with multi-channel tools for customer engagement, self-care portals/ self-service, and community engagement tools.
This module combines customer data from Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and third-party data sources. With this data deployment, your business can have reliable insights from that data. It also contains data visualization and Power BI for analytics.
You can use AI tools that can determine the trends and behavior patterns of your customers. With this, you can have a practical solution assessment to make better decisions for your business objectives and success.
The software can link Dynamics CRM to Adobe Marketing Cloud to offer customized marketing tools for cross-functional teams and campaign management that suit your specific needs.
Finance and Operations
With this module, you can have better financial management using analytics and reporting tools. It also included manufacturing tools for production planning, project management, scheduling, production planning, warehouse and ERP inventory control tools for supply chain management, and cost management.
This module of Microsoft Dynamics 365 can be used for scheduling and planning resources, inventory, managing contracts, tools for customer communication, and insights for the internet of things-connected products.
It can help operational procedure, merchandise management, store and employee management, and combined business tools.
Project Service Automation
If you want seamless management, project server automation module can be for you. It is beneficial for cost and time management, resource scheduling, project planning automation, project assessment, and service analytics.
With this module, you can have powerful insights about personalization of customer and service engagement data, sales productivity, target customer sources, and performance metrics like dynamics Shopify and dynamics Magento.
Dynamics 365 implementation can help your HR team to make process documentation about the performance of your employees. You can have access to different tools in hiring the best candidates and enhance their success. This module offers tools for managing vacations, payroll, admin training, and other aspects of employee management.
Implementing Dynamics 365 step by step (Evaluating, Planning, Executing, and Testing)
The following is a step-by-step process of implementing Dynamics 365 in your organization.
Step 1 Evaluating
The first step in implementing Dynamics 365 is Business Process Review. You can consider the needed customizations for solution design, end-user experience, and choosing a system according to your business needs.
Step 2 Planning
The next step is planning. You must be familiar with the aspects of the Dynamics 365 solution. Know the implementation costs, skill gaps, and proficiency and determine the manual procedures that need automation.
Step 3 Executing
You can review the financial records for the Dynamics 365 implementation to make a data migration plan. Make sure to have a functional design document. Then, you must set realistic goals and maintain communication channels for smooth implementation execution.
Step 4 Testing
You can now test the implementation. You can practice by using a sample database to test accuracy, validating system output, and ensure that the interfaces and integrations are working properly.
Conducting a Performance gap analysis
If you have the right team in your organization, it is a good idea to know what’s missing. This procedure is called performance gap analysis. You can also seek help from Business analysts within your team. Moreover, you can also opt for Subject Matter Experts who can make decisions to enhance implementation plans and processes. You can have a skills assessment for each role.
EPCGroup has been providing Dynamics 365 Consulting Services to various organization. We have more than 70+ in house Dynamics experts and have been in industry from the last 24 years.
What are the best practices for Dynamics 365 implementation?
If you want to make Dynamics 365 a Power Platform for your business, you must know the best practices for its implementation. These practices include the following:
Make sure to have dedicated team members
It is crucial that your implementation team has a commitment to the process. With this, you can produce the best results upon its implementation.
Understand the end-to-end business procedures
You need to understand the end-to-end business processes to avoid missing any aspect.
Know how you can measure the health of the Dynamics 365 implementation
You must develop a solution to monitor if it’s going well. You can consider the timeline, budget, and team engagement within your organization.
Benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365 as ERP and CRM Solution
Microsoft Dynamics 365 as an ERP and CRM solution can offer benefits to your business. Dynamics 365 affects the key factors to help your business to:
- Get automation benefits
- Boost return on investment
- Enhance your customer satisfaction
- Shortens the sales cycle
- Get seamless connectivity in your information systems
- Get valuable insights from data that can help improve decision-making
- Easy deployment and scalability
- Increase productivity and collaboration in your organization
EPC Group’s Dynamics 365 Consulting Services and experience
The EPC Group offers effective Dynamics 365 consulting services and experience for their clients. As a leader and experts in the industry, they understand that business owners want to achieve success upon implementation of Dynamics 365. With that, the team of experts uses a holistic approach to meet the needs of businesses. They have a team that has extensive knowledge and skills in the implementation of Dynamics 365. So, their clients can receive quality service from their team.
Dynamics 365 implementation can offer lots of benefits for the success and development of your business over current systems and especially legacy systems. It is equipped with features and modules that can improve your current business practices and processes. The software comes with efficient tools you can use to enhance the operations of the different areas of your organization.
There is a training process involves after successful implementation. This company-wide training is necessary for the adoption of this tool by employees. In an ideal training methodology, the training costs for personal training and end-user training are included in the roadmap for implementation.
Are you ready to make your business more profitable? Then, it’s time to implement Dynamics 365 now!
With over 25 years of experience in Information Technology and Management Consulting, Errin O’Connor has led hundreds of large-scale enterprise implementations from Business Intelligence, Power BI, Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, IT Security, Azure and Hybrid Cloud eﬀorts for over 165 Fortune 500 companies.
Talk to our Microsoft Gold Certified Consultants
Contact EPC Group
4900 Woodway Drive - Suite 830 Houston, Texas 77056