Power BI Consultants in Fully Remote Setting
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience with the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack
- 3 years of Power BI experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in the development & administration of Power BI Services such as expertise in publishing reports and dashboards using Power BI Service; Ability to educate report requestors, consumers, and stakeholders on Power BI capabilities and best practices
Areas of Focus:
- SQL Queries
- Data Modelling / ETL
- Data Visualization
- SSIS / SSAS / SSRS / SSMS
- Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL (good to have, not mandatory)
- Developing visual reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Knowledge of Connecting multiple data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Gather data from various disparate sources, which may include RDBMS, Web APIs, or any other customized system.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Extensive experience with M and DAX functions.
- Has good command over SQL Queries, MS SQL Database Server and should be able to write high performant queries
- Understand the fundamentals of data preparation/data modeling necessary for the visualization purpose.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes using multiple technologies including Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and other scripting languages.
- Validate and transform data extracted from structured and unstructured data inputs, databases, and other repositories, using scripts and other automated capabilities, logs, and queries, as required.
- Develop and Maintain OLAP cubes and other data warehouse structures using technologies including Microsoft SQL Service Analysis Service (SSAS).
- Understanding of Power BI user and group security configuration
- Knowledge of Azure Data lake, Data Factory, and Power Apps is advantageous.
- Ability to work with tight timelines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and a global team.
- Should have good written and verbal communication skills that will help the frequent conversations with the onshore team.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ready to work in Central Time Zone (U.S. Shift)