Microsoft Cloud Service Offers Unique Strengths Amid Ongoing Transition To Cloud-Based Computing
Microsoft Cloud Service is a form of advanced data storage and processing that allows users to access their information anywhere in the world from any device. In addition to allowing users to access their information from any device, you may use cloud-based Web browsers and mobile apps to access services.
Cloud computing is an abstract, virtual environment where programs and data are stored. In the cloud, computing power is provided by data centers, which can contain systems for data storage and many servers that can manage almost any software. Users pay flexibly according to the resources used, based on a monthly fee.
In addition to these benefits of cloud computing, we can identify several unique strengths that make this service stand out among others:
- The world of cloud computing has changed the way that we do business. But it’s not the only game in town. Cloud computing is becoming a mainstay in the IT industry, but there are still some unique advantages to having your own on-site data center.
- For one thing, it’s easier to manage. You can update software and hardware with minimal downtime. You need not worry about your servers going down when hosting a meeting, training session, or even when you’re out of town for business. Additionally, you won’t need to worry about you can get back up and running in time for that critical deadline.
- It’s also more secure than Microsoft cloud service, which is especially important for businesses that want their data protected from prying eyes and hackers. Our security team keeps your information safe using our best practices and proven methodologies if you utilize a proven cloud consulting firm like EPC Group. Other companies’ servers may be hacked and compromised—so you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that yours will never be compromised because they’ll never touch your data!
Microsoft Azure: The Innovative Cloud Platform
Microsoft Azure is a versatile, cost-effective platform that can help you implement the IT solution you need. It’s reliable and secure, so engineers can focus on their business needs rather than worrying about technical issues. The cloud also offers immediate access to the latest technologies, allowing teams to implement complex solutions quickly.
Leading-edge technology is introduced, such as the swift adoption of Blockchain tools and services. For example, in 2018, it would take weeks to set up a private Blockchain network with a straightforward solution, but Azure now provides a set of technologies that let small teams set up private Blockchain solutions in a single day.
Benefits of Cloud Computing Using Windows Azure
Windows Azure applications are available in almost any language and can integrate with public applications from the cloud. In addition, Windows Azure includes the following features that enable customers to control access to their data and applications:
- Organizations can synchronize identification data at headquarters with Active Directory from Windows Azure, allowing single authentication to simplify user access to their cloud-based applications.
- Securely storing passwords and other sensitive information is a top priority for businesses, but it can be challenging to manage the process. Fortunately, Windows Azure provides an integrated solution allowing users to store authentication credentials in the cloud while protecting them from unauthorized access.
- Authentication is a critical component in any cloud computing environment, and the best way to prevent unauthorized access to your resources is by implementing a mechanism for authentication in addition to a password.
- With this approach, customers can implement authorization schemes to control users’ access to resources on the tasks of the role and level of authorization approved by IT administrators.
Windows Azure Service Types
The following categories describe the primary service offerings provided by Windows Azure:
- Azure Virtual Machines is the best choice for you if you work in IT or are a development professional. It allows you to install Windows Server or Linux images in the cloud. You can select images from a gallery or bring your customized operating system images. The advantage of using Azure Virtual Machines is that it does not require further maintenance once you install the image because Microsoft manages it.
- If you want to use Azure Cloud Services for your application but do not want to manage the infrastructure yourself, then Microsoft Cloud Service is the right choice. With Web and Worker roles, you can switch immediately to the development, deployment, and management of modern applications.
- Azure Web Sites is a Cloud-based hosting service that allows you to quickly install Web applications on a scalable and reliable cloud structure. You can immediately scale resources or the number of nodes; or set up automatic scaling as load application requirements.
- Azure Cache is an in-memory scalable distributed solution that allows you to build high-availability and scalability responsive applications, providing fast data access.
- Azure HDInsight is a service bringing Apache Hadoop solutions to the cloud. Earn Big Data total value with a Cloud-based platform that manages data of any type and size.
- A relational database service called Azure SQL Database allows you to create applications quickly, to expand or scale them in the cloud.
- Azure Storage provides storage space for nonrelational data structures such as objects or binary files, simple tables, queues, or virtual disks.
- Azure Media Services is a collection of technologies that provide cloud solutions for many existing technologies in the media industry. Azure Media Services provides Microsoft Cloud Service for collection, encoding, format conversion, content protection, and streaming live or on-demand.
- Using Azure Multi-Factor Authentication, illegal access to Cloud applications or on-premises: adds another level of authentication.
- A communications system called Azure Service Bus is put between applications, enabling them to exchange messages for better scalability and resilience.
- You may establish private connections between Azure services using Azure ExpressRoute data centers and infrastructure on-premises or in a colocation environment. You can use these services for private IP addresses and load balancing.
- Azure Virtual Network helps us to create VPNs – Virtual Private Networks in Azure and tie these VPNs safely with IT infrastructure.
- Azure Traffic Manager makes load balancing for the traffic coming towards more services hosted on Azure.
Configuring Windows Azure VM for Virtualization
Virtualization is the most critical sector in the field of IT technologies. The current trend in the virtualization domain is to install more virtual machines on a physical machine for maximum exploitation of the resources of the processor and memory during the life duration of the physical machine. Windows Azure enables the creation of Virtual Machines, offering IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) so IT professionals can create and use virtual machines in the cloud.
You can access Virtual Machines through Active Directory or cloud identities. They can also be accessed using other credentials, such as those used by Citrix XenDesktop users, granting access to their virtualized desktops from anywhere in the world.
Connecting to the virtual created machine is performed based on authentication according. The Azure virtual servers must be accessible from anywhere. Windows Azure contains a “preview feature” called VHD Role and allows us to realize virtual machines, as in Amazon or any other hosting virtual machines, either from a predefined template or with a WHD custom, which then is loaded into the cloud.
There are various advantages of moving your data to Microsoft Azure. These include lower costs, better privacy, and competing with larger companies. However, while these benefits may make it seem like everything is positive, cloud computing has some negative aspects.
As cloud technology continues to flourish, companies of every size will inevitably be transitioning their applications to the cloud. To help, EPC Group, a recognized leader in enterprise IT solutions, offers affordable Microsoft cloud consulting packages that support your company’s road to cloud-based computing.
With over 25 years of experience in Information Technology and Management Consulting, Errin O’Connor has led hundreds of large-scale enterprise implementations from Business Intelligence, Power BI, Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, IT Security, Azure and Hybrid Cloud eﬀorts for over 165 Fortune 500 companies.
Talk to our Microsoft Gold Certified Consultants
Contact EPC Group
4900 Woodway Drive - Suite 830 Houston, Texas 77056