HYBRID CLOUD: SYSTEM & INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE DESIGN
EPC Group’s Hybrid Cloud Advisory practice is led by industry experts to assist your organization in reviewing the underlying granular capabilities of the Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud offerings available to you and then architecting and deploying a tailored solution for your organization that will stand the test of time.
EPC Group’s consultants can provide a complete analysis of both your business and technical goals as well as your underlying IT roadmap and guide you in areas such as:
- User experience and devices from which SharePoint 2016 / Office 365 will be accessed
- 360-degree logical design of all elements involved
- Boundaries of SharePoint 2016 / Office 365 / SharePoint Online / Microsoft Azure / AWS
- System architecture design, performance planning, scalability
- Information architecture (IA) design
- Server counts, database design, server roles, service applications
- Storage requirements, estimates database sizing, shredded storage
- Required cloud application management roles and related skillsets
EPC Group provides proven strategies and design services for cloud-based infrastructures covering Office 365, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Online, Team Foundation Service, Dynamics CRM Online, Office Online, Yammer, and Microsoft Project Online.
OVERVIEW OF A HYBRID SHAREPOINT ENVIRONMENT
EPC Group’s hybrid SharePoint 2016 environments architecture allows for flexibility and provide for the capability to store sensitive and highly confidential content on-premise within your own data center while storing collaboration or non-sensitive data within a public cloud such as Office 365, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Azure or AWS.
The issues that have continued to compile in the news with the NSA’s IT administrator Edward Snowden’s leakage of classified data has undoubtedly hurt the reputation of the public cloud. The NSA’s PRISM data mining program has also piled on concerns around organizations asking themselves, “How safe is the cloud?”
- EPC Group’s hybrid cloud architecture will give your organization options around where specific types of data are stored while still providing you with secure identity management options to access it in a seamless manner.
- SharePoint 2016 / Office 365 hybrid deployments also provide organizations with robust options for business intelligence (BI) initiatives because the private side of the hybrid cloud will more than likely already exist on the company’s network in your Active Directory (AD) forest, which will allow BI initiatives to securely access other line-of-business systems within the organization.
- Office 365’s Power BI capabilities also allow cloud-based data the analytical and robust reporting required which can be seamlessly federated via Microsoft Azure Active Directory, a REST-based service that provides identity management, to your on-premises data to allow you to architect and tailor the security model that will work best for your organization.
- There are several factors that influence an organization’s decision regarding which architecture (that is, on-premises private cloud, public cloud, or hybrid cloud) they are going to design and implement for their short-term and long-term SharePoint roadmap needs such as:
- The overall size of the organization and user base
- Security-related issues
- Legal and compliance issues
- Any project or deployment time constraints
- Governance and any related and existing known issues
- Management and tools
- Development standards | Application lifecycle management (ALM)
- Information architecture (IA) and federated search requirements
- Complexity of your current environment
- Physical locations (i.e. Office locations, data centers, etc.)
- Current identity management infrastructure
- Current IT infrastructure model and desired future IT roadmap
- Network bandwidth issues
- Current known software or hardware issues
- Understanding the cloud vendor’s service level agreement (SLA) around high-availability as well as disaster recovery-related issues
- Your organization’s internal resource issues and related training
- Support alignment, service reporting, standards adoption and management
- Development alignment, infrastructure alignment, development platform management
COMPLEX CLOUD & HYBRID CLOUD IMPLEMENTATIONS
EPC Group has extensive experience in working with complex environments and understands the key considerations and elements that must be planned for as well as architected and implemented. These complex environmental considerations include those such as:
- Multitenancy requirements within your organization
- Office 365 issues when a user goes outside of IT to create a new “environment”
- Multiple farms and the seamless security and identity management elements required: (i.e. Azure AD, FBA, SAML claims, extranets)
- EPC Group works with clients regarding regulatory and compliance issues with PHI, PII, Safe Harbor, intellectual property and new EU Laws
OFFICE 365 POWER BI – CLOUD BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE OFFERINGS
EPC Group offers industry leading Power BI Consulting services for Office 365 and SharePoint Online to meet the needs of cloud and hybrid cloud environments for our clients. Microsoft Office 365’s Power BI contains a collection of features and services that enables organization to visualize data and share these discoveries in a very similar manner as SharePoint 2016’s on-premise business intelligence environmental capabilities.
EPC Group’s Hybrid Cloud Advisory Practice implements Power BI in both cloud-based and hybrid cloud scenarios for organizations who have both SharePoint 2016 on-premise as well as SharePoint Online in the cloud for the seamless reporting of data of different classification types (PII, PHI, HIPAA, EU and/or less confidential data) to limit risk and compliance concerns.
To learn more about EPC Group’s Office 365 Power BI Consulting Services and Solutions, visit EPC Group’s Office 365 Power BI Consultant Services page.
CLOUD DISASTER RECOVERY STRATEGIES
EPC Group will ensure key considerations around the possible differences in your organizations current disaster-recovery or business-continuity plan versus a cloud-based disaster recovery (DR) plan. EPC Group will provide expert hybrid cloud DR planning around:
- Provide Environment and security governance of the cloud
- SharePoint \ Office 365 \ SharePoint Online \ Azure \ AWS disaster recovery governance
- Ensuring cloud-based disaster recovery has the ability to follow records retention deletion policies per the organization’s approved retention schedule
- Availability to “intake” or copy cloud-based backups back “in-house” for eDiscovery or litigation matters to follow any court orders or to assist your organization’s legal counsel
- Defining SharePoint 2016 \ SharePoint Online \ Office 365 service level agreements (SLAs)