The Importance of Cybersecurity in 2018 – Infographic
Cybersecurity is becoming a big problem for many companies in all industries, as an attack can permanently damage a business or even a person’s life. As the cybersecurity industry continues to grow at a rapid pace, the amount of malware continues to grow each year as well. To highlight the importance of cybersecurity, we compiled a list of cybersecurity stats for 2018.
1. Cybercrime damage costs to hit $6 trillion annually by 2021
2. Cybersecurity spending to exceed $1 trillion from 2017 to 2021
3. There is hacker attack every 39 seconds, affecting one in three Americans each year.
The effect on companies
4. Only 38 percent of global organizations claim they are prepared to handle a sophisticated cyber attack.
5. 7 out of 10 organizations say their security risk increased significantly in 2017.
6. 54% of companies experienced one or more successful attacks that compromised data and/or IT infrastructure
7. 77% of those attacks utilized fileless techniques.
8. 4 out of 5 organizations replaced or augmented their existing antivirus solution in 2017
9. 69% of organizations don’t believe their antivirus can stop the threats they’re seeing.
10. 4 out of 5 organizations replaced or augmented their existing antivirus solution in 2017
Security is getting more expensive and difficult to manage
11. Only a third of organizations believe they have adequate resources to manage security effectively
12. Worldwide cybersecurity spending will reach $96 billion in 2018