SharePoint Cost and licensing: How Much Does SharePoint Cost.
SharePoint is an internet collaboration platform that is introduced by Microsoft last 2001. Its first version was linked with intranet, content management, and document management. However, the recent updates or versions are equipped with various features, making it even more effective and valuable for every individual users. SharePoint can be used not only for the purpose of collaboration and intranet portals but also for extranets with external users, enterprise search, and business intelligence. It is also equipped with system integration capabilities, workflow automation, and process integration. We will focus on SharePoint cost and different licensing plans available for businesses to choose from.
Studies have shown that SharePoint is utilized by businesses in the world for increasing user productivity, having billions of user licensing for the past few years. If you want to maximize the use of this platform, it is best to understand first the SharePoint cost, its fundamental concepts, and how it works.
How much does SharePoint Online Cost
|SharePoint Online Plan||Cost|
|SharePoint Online Plan 1||$5.00 user/month|
|SharePoint Online Plan 2||$10.00 user/month|
What are SharePoint Online (Plan 1) Features
SharePoint Online Plan 1 is intended for both small and medium-sized companies. It packs in both OneDrive and SharePoint as a fragment of the package. You can have this plan SharePoint cost at $5.00 per user online every month, with an inclusive annual commitment.
For your reference, here are the top features of Microsoft SharePoint Online Plan 1 you shouldn’t miss to know:
- the plan enables you to share files seamlessly
- provide security within and outside of the company
- offers OneDrive 1 TB cloud storage for every individual.
- allows you to sync the local document pages for offline viewing
- gives you a chance to edit local copies on Mac and PCs
- you can co-author the documents and files with the use of any familiar Microsoft apps
- allows you to organize the content and handle its lists and libraries efficiently
- free to use features such as retention policies, metadata, and record administration
- able to search people and indexed contents, if needed
- available for mobile applications
- allow you to access to OneDrive and SharePoint mobile apps on Windows and Android phones
- provide support for fast track development
In addition, Microsoft SharePoint Online Plan 1 allows you to inform and link your people with portals and intranets. It also tells your story with stunning communication websites. Another feature of this plan is that you can use team websites to connect your organizational team to expertise, content, and processes. In case you have inquiries, it has a 24/7 web and phone support system that can help in answering all your concerns.
Microsoft SharePoint Online Plan 1 allows you to access company features with restricted accessibility. Depending on your needs, you are free to view Visio diagrams and check out the access-based website pages. This plan also allows you to see the embedded data insights within the content and excel content. Above all, this plan is licensed for commercial use.
What are SharePoint Online (Plan 2) Features
Microsoft SharePoint Online Plan 2 is intended for use with large-scale companies and organizations. It gives you the ultimate access to a full-featured Microsoft SharePoint that includes all the needed capabilities for a huge organization. The plan SharePoint cost per month is $10 per user.
The SharePoint Online Plan 2 is quite different from Plan 1. Aside from the features offered on SharePoint Plan 1, this plan comes with the following features:
- With a large degree of customized search selections that give you a thrilling option of company search compatibility
- This plan provides unlimited access to cloud storage. In contrast to Plan 1, you are only given access to the 1 TB limit.
- The plan allows you to search for content using a digital format. This is a brilliant option, especially if you opt to utilize some of this data for litigation or legal purposes. It is also a great option for auditing drives where you need to have access to digital format data.
- The SharePoint Online Plan 2 also gives you access to improved DLP capabilities and real-time workflows. This is essential for monitoring, securing, and recognizing sensitive data.
- The plan’s in-place holds are also the best feature of Plan 2 as it helps you protect the content from being edited or deleted.
This Microsoft SharePoint Online Plan 2 offers complete access to company features. If you own a huge company, this plan perfectly fits you. You can use this plan to create and scan your Visio diagrams. It also gives you access to create and implement access-based apps.
What are Office 365 E3 Added Benefits
The Office 365 Enterprise licensing for Microsoft SharePoint is dubbed as the most longwinded element of Office 365. Thus, it is crucial to pay attention to its multiple available products for administrators to work with, like InfoPath and Visio. In addition, you also need to check to which licenses and in what ways these consumers can interact with these various services.
The US5 plan is quite restricted. It allows you to store documents and create intranets. However, it limits you to access other Office 365 applications like workflow automation, chat, video conferencing, and the like.
Are you planning to buy the SharePoint Online Plan 1 plus Office 365 applications? Then, you are probably confused about what to purchase. You may pick between business, business essentials, and business premium. Each one has its different features to offer.
Office 365 Business Premium
For business premium offers, you have a chance to experience email hosting with a 50 gigabytes mailbox. You can also custom email domain addresses. Another best thing about business premium is its desktop versions of an office application. You can use Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, custom portals, custom apps, and Office 365 extra file storage. It is also easy for you to share it via OneDrive storage 1 TB. In addition, one license covers updated and fully installed Office apps on five tablets, five phones, and five personal computers or Mac users. In case you need customer support, the plan offers 24/7 web and phone support. When it comes to the Office 365 / SharePoint Online cost annual plan, you will get its various features with a rate of $12 for five users per month and a rate of $15 monthly commitment plan.
Office 365 Business
For business offers, it doesn’t include a 50GB email hosting mailbox. It also doesn’t include a custom email domain address. This option provides desktop versions of Office applications like Excel, One Note, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word. It has a file storage with 1 TB sharing of OneDrive storage. Just like the business premium offers, it has one license that entails updated, fully-installed Office applications on five personal computers, five tablets, and five phones. Another best thing about this option is it’s automatically updated with capabilities and new features. The Office 365 SharePoint cost has $8 per 5 users with monthly commitment plans of $10.
Office 365 Business Essential
For business essential offers, its email hosting is a 50 GB mailbox. You can also custom email domain addresses. When it comes to office application website versions, users are free to use Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote. But, it doesn’t allow you to maximize the desktop versions. When it comes to file storage, you can share it with OneDrive 1 TB storage. If you are planning for a conference or online meeting, you can do it with more or less 250 people. Its annual plans are $5 per user every month, with monthly commitment plans of $6.
What is SharePoint Online Storage and Working with Microsoft Azure to Extend SharePoint Storage?
SharePoint Online is a perfect platform to use for business continuity management, but it can be tricky sometimes, especially when you don’t know how this SharePoint online storage limits operation and its operational cost. As users, it is a must to know that when your SharePoint storage is full, your site will go into a “read-only” mode. Therefore, extending this storage per user for internal users in time must always be considered in terms of cost.
The main question is, what will the solution to this increasing storage limitation with SharePoint? Preferably, it is perfect for saving it in the Microsoft cloud for the purpose of common billing, security, and stability. As a matter of fact, Microsoft Azure gives the lowest pricing for every gigabyte. However, it is a separate answer and recently not set up to manage and take SharePoint overflow.
Azure files allow you to access the documents directly in Azure. It is just like an ordinary share on the on-premise server of files. Also, if you have high latency and low bandwidth internet connectivity, you can implement an on-premise caching server.
How to Select Correct SharePoint Plan as Per Your Organization Needs?
If you are planning to have a plan for your organization, it is a must to know its various considerations to pick an ideal one and prevent the additional cost and hidden costs. Choosing the right plan has become harder as Microsoft has expanded various plans with distinct differing solutions.
To avoid confusion, here are the things you need to consider to select the right plan for your organization:
- Check What You Already Have – This is the first thing you need to do to identify hardware costs. Simply recognize the existing hardware you have and what type of operating systems do they operate. You also need to know if all your workers use the same software or not. Some companies grow rapidly and end up with a patchwork of distinct applications.
- Know Your Needs – Simply know what is important to you. Do you need better communication? How about the productivity level of your company? Do you opt to boost your security levels? Are you planning for a bigger digital transformation? All of these questions can affect choosing the right plan for your company.
- Check Your Budget – Knowing how much is the SharePoint license cost, plan, or budget should also be your priority. The first budget you need to consider is its licensing fee, and the other one is its actual migration cost.
- Compare and Pick the Right Plans – Collect all the data you need to compare one plan to another. Then, choose what is best for you and for the whole team. You may consider checking its features, pricing, licensing, and the like.
- Reassess and Review – This is a normal scheme to determine what suits your business fully. You may ask the administrator to create user statistics to check which apps are working effectively and efficiently.
Above all, you have to weigh if the plan is designed for small, medium, or large-scale companies. Business plans cater to more or less 300 users, while enterprise plans have unlimited users.
What are the Benefits of Using SharePoint in Your Organization in 2021
SharePoint is considered the number one choice of various companies around the globe. If you are using this one, you will experience the following benefits:
- Centralized Administration – It maintains and controls the platform
- Customizable – It provides your team with all the exceptional sets of apps or tools they need to make their tasks fast and easy
- Collaboration – It allows your team to be informed and stay connected throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Site Consolidation -It incorporates all websites in a single platform while lessening its overall charges linked with each other.
- Security and Integrity – It provides protection to both a single and broad item level.
Above all, it has a built-in business solutions and tools that every company needs without the help of any developer.
EPC Group Expertise in SharePoint Deployment
EPC Group has been in the industry for 24 years and has hands-on experience with SharePoint consulting, making it one of the leading companies that offer SharePoint migration services, Office 365 consulting, cloud services, Common Data Service, networking infrastructure services, Internet Information Services, Active Directory Domain Services, Microsoft Power BI, and software integration.
With EPC Group, you can easily pick the right plan for your company. Its customer support staff is always available to answer all your inquiries. With its professional teams, you are certain that you are dealing with a reliable one.
From SharePoint deployment to other related concerns, EPC Group is committed to providing the best products and services that suit your needs and preferences at reasonable costs.
As a business owner, it is your task to ensure that everything works well as far as your company operations are concerned. Through SharePoint, you can easily provide solutions to business-related intelligence concerns. You can also easily improve the integration capabilities, process integration, and workflow automation of your business. This platform can greatly help in empowering your team with productive and dynamic sites for each project. You can also share files, news, data, and resources in an instant. So, what are you waiting for? Customize your website to streamline your team’s work now!
Fill In The Form For – FREE 30 Mins SharePoint Consulting