How To Use Shifts in Microsoft Teams For Collaboration?
If you are already familiar with Microsoft Teams and received Microsoft Teams Training, and still wondering what else you can do with this amazing application, you can try Shifts. This is an application that you will definitely find absolutely convenient.
Shifts is an amazing instrument where you can manage schedules. It is in Microsoft Teams that assist you in the making, bring the latest schedules for the benefit of the team. With Shifts, you will pick a slot where you will allocate a shift. Generate a schedule out of scratch or render a previously saved schedule from Microsoft Excel.
Just always keep in mind to add happenings such as training and certain tasks. Incorporate open shifts into your schedule so that anybody can request. When you ought to analyze the Shift content, assess your schedule through people and shift type.
These are the following steps on how to use Shifts in Microsoft Teams:
First, open the Shifts application; the link to Shifts is located on the leftward of Teams together with other applications, then click to begin making your schedule. If it happens that you could not locate Shifts there, you could pick More apps then you will locate them on the given list.
Understand your Shifts like understanding Microsoft Teams training.
Monitor each and every forthcoming Shifts in the group schedule. Pick the link More Options. Next is Shifts. The present week will appear together, containing each of the shifts. Pick the desired date link on the upper part of the index of periods to reduce or enlarge your outlook. Take note that administrators and managers have control over the shifts. Furthermore, you could see the shifts of everyone in the present week.
Generating the schedule from scratch or rendering a previously saved schedule from Microsoft Excel.
Shifts schedule shows the dates at the upper part, while the team affiliates are located on the leftward. Then if you are the one responsible for owning multiple teams, pin amongst dissimilar Shifts schedules so that you can direct them.
Step by step scheduling
- You can proceed on the upper left part of the application then click the link for the team name.
- Pick Create team then generate a schedule for them that you desire.
- Keep in mind that in generating schedules, you must consider the time zones intended for all the shifts to be correct and precise.
- Click the link Create
- After generating the schedules, you now could fill them out.
- Deliver the needed data from a previously saved schedule so that you could start running all of it in Shifts. Once you activate Shifts, locate the upper right, then pick More Options, next Import Schedule. You can download the provided sample file then follow the command inside. Provided that as an example, you can now put the schedule into the Excel file that would be uploaded to Shifts later on.
Keep in mind to get rid of the downloaded example data right before uploading your file. If those data were added already and everything is accurate, you can now click the Upload file. After the importation, you can verify if the schedule can already be right for Shifts.
After the assessment, you can now click Share with the Team. Therefore, everyone could already view it.
- Disclosing dissimilar schedules. Pick More options, locate the upper leftward of the application, and select Shifts. Go down so that you could find your desired team. You can alter the dates that you are observing with the links on the upper part of the platform. You can also switch the shift or give it to another person.
In the end, with proper training in MS Teams, users and administrators can bring more automation and better team collaboration. They can schedule their task according to the working availability of other team members and help better organize.
Looking for a starting point? Our Microsoft Teams Consulting, Implementation, and Support is at your service.
Sas Chatterjee is a Senior Architect with EPC Group. His focus lies in making sure that the execution of each engagement is delivered in a forward compatible, best practices manner. Sas is an extremely devoted professional and takes each project he is assigned very seriously. During the project execution phase, Sas invests the time needed with his clients to gain a full understanding of their requirements and develops a roadmap for achieving their desired end goal.