It’s been some time now since Microsoft launched Power BI and the way things had been progressing for this exceptional Business Intelligence and Analytics tool, it seemed it would only be a matter of time before it became the preferred platform of choice for BI and analytics with the majority of forward-thinking enterprises.
Power BI is a powerful tool in the hands of businesses that want to extract and convert data from multiple disparate sources in order to obtain meaningful insights. It offers unprecedented user experience with interactive visualization opportunities along with true self-service analytics capabilities. All this helps to look at the same data from a variety of angles, not to mention the reports and dashboards can be created by anybody in the organization without the assistance of IT administrators.
Some of the unique Power BI benefits are:
- Powerful dashboard graphs and visualizations that are being continuously updated.
- In-memory analytics feature and columnar database supporting tabular data.
- The best of both worlds when it comes to ease-of-use and performance in a single BI tool.
- Interactive geo-mapping with by Bing Maps.
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) scripting for creating measures and columns.