Power BI Embedded Vs Power BI Service – Understanding Difference
Microsoft is one of the most successful companies in the sphere of designing and developing analytics software and tools that help user organizations in viewing their critical business data more effectively. In addition to this, the advanced insights derived from the analysis of raw data through the various business analytics tools help the companies and their constituent customers to make more informed decisions.
Differences between Power BI Embedded vs Power BI Service: A general discussion
The terms Power BI service and Power BI Embedded are a part of the analytics tools developed by Microsoft over the past decades. While both these terms are generally used synonymously, in reality, they are quite different from one another. The differences between Power BI Embedded and Power BI service can be understood through the following categories:
1. Power BI service vs Power BI Embedded – Meaning
The term Power BI service is inclusive of a range of analytics tools that are designed based on business intelligence capabilities. According to Microsoft, Power BI refers to a business analytics solution that allows the user company to visualize the crucial business data in a modified and graphic manner across the whole organization.
In contrast to this, Power BI Embedded is a part of the Power BI suite of analytics tools. The tool is designed to allow the application developers to embed the constituent parts of Power BI into the existing applications across the internal system of the user organization.
2. Various features of Power BI service vs Power BI Embedded –
The features of Power BI service and Power BI Embedded can be enumerated in the following manner:-
- The analytics features included in Power BI help to diminish the gap between organizational data and the consequent decision-making process using predictive analytics.
- Easy connectivity to the data, better data visualization and capability to create graphic reports help in providing better data experiences to the user companies.
- The process of gaining insights from the collected big data can be simplified for the users.
- End-to-end encryption allows better data protection to the organizational data.
In contradiction, the features of Power BI Embedded can be explained in the following manner:-
- The user companies can adopt the analytics expertise of Power BI tools and benefit from the consistent investment Microsoft makes in the sphere of analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
- The tool can enable the user company to visualize the business-critical data through unique, customized and certified visuals.
- The visualizations of the tool are optimized for usage in both desktop and mobile devices which facilitates advanced decision making from any location.
- The cost-effective pricing structure allows the user organization to use the constituent features at par with the growth of the company. In addition to this, there lies no requirement for end-user licensing.
- The restrictions on user access based on row-level security allow the users to gain access only to the data that is relevant to them and nothing more.
- The identity and authentication management on the part of the user organization helps to keep the user information secure.
3. Cost of using Power BI service vs Power BI Embedded –
The cost structure of Power BI service is divided into two general categories:-
The Power BI Premium category can be further categorized into the following:-
- Power BI Premium per user
- Power BI Premium per Capacity.
The Power BI Pro is priced at $13.70 in the per user per month format. The Power BI Premium per user per month is priced at $27.50 while the Power BI Premium per capacity per month is priced at $6,858.10.
On the other hand, the complete cost structure of Power BI Embedded is dependent on the type of nodes chosen by the user company and the total number of nodes deployed.
4. Benefits of Power BI service vs Power BI Embedded –
The benefits of the Power BI service can be explained in the following way:-
- Quick insights can be achieved
- Dashboards can be updated in real-time
- Access to image recognition and text analytics is provided to the users.
The uses of Power BI Embedded can be explained in the following way:-
- Helps in embedding Power BI capabilities into the existing applications.
- Allows the user organization to create reports, graphic visualizations of data and analysis of datasets can be completed within the existing applications and websites.
Thus, in conclusion, it can be said that the Power BI suite of analytics tools and applications is beneficial in data visualization and subsequently improve the decision-making process of the user company. On the other hand, Power BI Embedded allows the user organization to embed all the beneficial features of Power BI into the existing application. While both the applications seem beneficial, the user organization needs to choose from the one suitable for it, based on the features included in the applications.
EPCGroup has been offering Power BI Embedded Consulting for organizations who are looking to migrate into Microsoft services. We are a Microsoft Gold Certified partner and have more than 50+ Power BI experts with over 100+ years of experience when combined.
Fill In The below Form For – FREE 30 Mins POWER BI EMBEDDED CONSULTING
EPCGroup Power BI Offerings
With over 25 years of experience in Information Technology and Management Consulting, Errin O’Connor has led hundreds of large-scale enterprise implementations from Business Intelligence, Power BI, Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, IT Security, Azure and Hybrid Cloud eﬀorts for over 165 Fortune 500 companies.