How to Collaborate Microsoft Teams & Power BI?
Every organization adopts digital transformation as the virtual world continues to strive. Workforce often depends on numerous applications to distribute the tasks in a more effective and efficient way. Among the different schemes, maximizing the use of Microsoft Teams is highly in demand. This allows the team to work remotely and stay connected.
If your organization is using Microsoft Teams, you probably opt to boost your organization’s data-driven decision and collaboration by collaborating your Power BI paginated detailed reports. This service of Power BI features a so-called “Chat in Teams” for data or reports. Depending on your choice, you may put separate Power BI buttons for each report and provide each tab some significant details like name, date, and the like.
For your reference, the following enumerates the distinct selections to combine Microsoft Teams scheme and Power BI:
- With the button of Microsoft Teams Power BI, you need to insert collaborating business reports and data. The button of Power BI also assists each of your staff search for your organizational reports and explain the date with the maximum usage of your Microsoft Team chats or channels.
- Make a link broadcast after posting a link to your data, apps, dashboards, and reports into the chat box of your Microsoft Teams. This link preview gives detailed info about the given link.
- Utilize Microsoft Teams chatbox when checking dashboards, data, and reports in the Power BI service to begin a discussion in Microsoft Teams promptly.
- Utilize the Microsoft Team Power BI mobile app to bring your complete basic Power BI service practice into Microsoft Teams.
In order for Power BI to function in Microsoft Teams, it is needed to ensure the following considerations:
- Users need to have a license of Power BI Pro. The data or report is delimited in a Power BI Premium bulk with a certification in Power BI.
- Users need to log in to the Power BI service. The main purpose of this is to initiate their Power BI license
- Users also need to comply with all the given requirements to utilize the Power BI button in Microsoft Teams
Learning how to collaborate with Microsoft Teams & Power BI doesn’t require a lot of time and effort. All you have to do is to follow its given instructions. Sending a given link to a piece or embedding a data or report in Microsoft Teams doesn’t repeatedly provide users consent to check the data or BI report. It is also a must to enable users to check the Power BI reports. You can use a Microsoft 365 Group for your team to make it simpler.
As advised, see to it that you review who can view the Power BI data or reports with grant access. The best way to certify that your team has access to data or reports is to put them in a certain workspace. It is also a must to give the Microsoft 365 Group for your organization or team access. In addition, you can join in a Power BI data or reports in Teams and share it with outside users.
To fully be aware of the functions of this app, take time to attend Microsoft teams training. This type of training provides tutorials, videos, and other related stuff to learn about Teams and initiate usage in your organization.
With over 25 years of experience in Information Technology and Management Consulting, Errin O’Connor has led hundreds of large-scale enterprise implementations from Business Intelligence, Power BI, Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, IT Security, Azure and Hybrid Cloud eﬀorts for over 165 Fortune 500 companies.