ENTERPRISE CONTENT MANAGEMENT & RM: SHAREPOINT 2016
SharePoint Server 2016 and its Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and/or Records Management (RM) capabilities continue to be recognized as an enterprise platform leader and in the magic quadrant that many organizations look for when measuring the capabilities of a technology platform.
ECM and RM efforts have also one of the biggest pushes for SharePoint 2016 initiatives as organizations are understanding more than ever that they need to get a true handle on their data. This is true from not only a regulatory and compliance standpoint but also from an intellectual property and security perspective as lost knowledge is one of the most costly impacts an organization can experience in relation to their bottom line over time.
EPC Group will provide proven strategies to ensure your organization’s implementation covers areas such as:
- Creating classification schemes and applying standard indexing terms across the organization via metadata
- Keep it as simple as possible at the beginning to not overwhelm the project team
- Ensure the ECM / RM team works closely with IT at all times for both capacity and overall infrastructure planning
- Always focus your approach around scalability as the system will grow and this must be a core part of your overall SharePoint roadmap
- Identify the organization’s current retention schedule or any related development of a new or updated retention schedule
- EPC Group will work closely with your companies IT security (InfoSec) teams as well as key SharePoint team members to define the overall approach to Active Directory (AD) and SharePoint security groups and related policies
RECORDS MANAGEMENT & SHAREPOINT 2016
Records management initiatives can be successfully accomplished by following EPC Group’s framework of defined guidelines and principles driven by compliance, collaboration, associated cost and business continuity. It is key that the initiative has the executive buy-in to both promote and enforce the overall records management initiative.
- Records Management Strategies in Building Your Core Team
- The Strategic Approach for Implementing Your Records Management Initiative
- Determine Your Organization’s File Plan
- Asking core underlying questions such as, “Where are records stored,” “How best can the defined retention periods be applied to records,” “How best can they continually communicate with the individuals responsible for updating and maintaining the content within various types of records.”
CORE METADATA AND INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE DESIGN
Metadata in SharePoint 2016 is applied to content via an associated content type with a list or library, workflows, site templates, apps and information management policies.
EPC Group will guide your organization’s enterprise content management (ECM) or records management initiative (RM) to ensure a defined set of core custom content types are applied and SharePoint 2016’s native features such as the content type hub, managed metadata service and related capabilities are implemented right the very first time.
EPC Group’s strategy will allow you to associate information management policies to your SharePoint sites and site collections which will play a key role in enforcing SharePoint governance.
- Enterprise Metadata Management
- Taxonomy | Folksonomy | Ontology
- Content Type | Content Type Hub | Content Organizer, Content Type Syndication
- Managed Metadata Service (MMS)
- Term Store, Term Set, and Term Management