6 Reasons To Migrate From GoDaddy To Office 365
You may not assume that migrating from GoDaddy to office 365 is manageable. GoDaddy is a respectable web host for start-ups and small companies that want a cheap and straightforward internet presence, but like most things made for start-up companies, it is simple to outgrow.
The Microsoft 365 version offered by GoDaddy is a more costly, more condensed version of the genuine Microsoft 365. GoDaddy migration to office 365 lures businesses to stay on the platform with straightforward billing, affordable first-year prices, and an easy upgrade from the dreadful webmail it offers with its hosted domains. However, GoDaddy forces businesses to stay by streamlining the email transfer procedure on the platform as challenging as possible.
To start with Microsoft 365, you need to create an account for your business and install the Office 365 application on your computer or mobile device. Once you have installed it, open it up and log in with your username and password that were given to you when you signed up for Office 365 on their website. You will be asked to choose between the free or paid versions of this software package, both available at no additional cost.
Challenges of Migrating From GoDaddy to Office 365
The biggest issue is that GoDaddy users need access to all of the Microsoft 365 admin tools, making managing the tenancy as Microsoft intended more difficult. Additionally, the feature sets and Microsoft 365 applications supplied are constrained, and some attachments are not accessible. Security and compliance restrictions may also prohibit your ecosystem from being entirely safe. This is not very pleasant, especially considering the potential costs associated with this partner agreement.
Businesses that bought Microsoft 365 through GoDaddy could be trying to figure out how to maximize its benefits. Although it can be difficult, it is feasible to rebuild a tenant that is entirely controlled within Microsoft 365. However, the transition from GoDaddy migration to office 365 involves extensive preparation and a mix of technological modifications and change management within the business.
The good news is that businesses looking to migrate from GoDaddy to office 365 or the other way around have several options. The first is as simple as switching providers: moving from one platform of a hosting partner to another. Planning is necessary for this option because you want to move only after your site is operational.
Understanding the Challenges of Migrating From GoDaddy to Microsoft 365
Integration with other businesses and organizations has several benefits. It enables teamwork, data sharing, and project collaboration among your company’s employees. The capacity to do this with flexibility and security both has excellent power. In this area, Microsoft 365 excels.
While purchasing the Microsoft 365 tenancy through GoDaddy enables your company to purchase services from Microsoft, it limits your company’s access to critical essential features that come with Microsoft 365 if purchased directly from Microsoft. A lack of these essential features can significantly affect your company when full capability only minimally increases the cost per user.
Migrating from GoDaddy to office 365 might alter how employees connect, their data, and other crucial information if your company wants to develop and thrive. As was already established, the capability of the whole Microsoft Applications suite has been increased significantly, most notably by providing access to high-end Power Platform solutions (including full access to Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI for that slightly elevated price).
Choosing Migrating From GoDaddy to Microsoft 365 as Your Hosting Provider
Cutting off access to your GoDaddy migration to office 365 data is one of the significant problems with switching to a Microsoft 365 tenancy. There are two possibilities: either we safeguard and retain the domain and its data or consent to its loss to terminate the tenancy and create a new one from the start.
In the first meeting, we would discuss which choice made the most sense for your company, working to fulfill your needs as you and your company defined them. The content migration itself might come in a variety of shapes and sizes. To complete the tenant-to-tenant migration portion, your team must employ outside tools. Sharegate is one tool that we may utilize for migrations. Before using your migration tools, construct SharePoint groups in the new environment according to one piece of advice for using this strategy. Most migration technologies cannot independently construct Office 365 groups and absolute URLs.
Another area for improvement with switching from GoDaddy is that they don’t provide any reporting or analytics features beyond the most basic information on who uses what file kinds and how frequently they are accessed/shared.
Why You Should Consider Switching From GoDaddy To Microsoft 365
If you are still using GoDaddy migration to office 365, it is time to start considering how to move your domain name to another provider.
If you want to expand your business with an integrated suite of software that offers single sign-on and simple data access, Microsoft 365 is a fantastic choice.
While getting a Microsoft 365 tenancy through GoDaddy allows your business to buy Microsoft services, it also restricts your business’s access to some of the essential features that come with Microsoft 365 if you buy it from Microsoft. As a result, your business may suffer if these crucial elements must be included, especially when utilizing their full potential would only slightly raise user costs.
Migrating from GoDaddy to office 365 might alter how employees connect, their data, and other crucial information if your company wants to develop and thrive. As previously indicated, the capability of the whole Microsoft Applications suite has been significantly improved, most notably through access to high-end Power Platform solutions (including full access to Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI for that slightly elevated price).
GoDaddy’s Version Of Microsoft 365 Is A Bad Business Decision
Microsoft could have done a better job when it came to creating its own Office 365 versions for GoDaddy. I am still determining how they hope to generate money from their new Microsoft 365 for GoDaddy, which is a disgrace.
Typically, we would compare things side by side, but there is little to compare. So regardless of how you view it, the GoDaddy version of Microsoft 365 is a poor business choice.
- Microsoft 365 is more expensive when purchased via GoDaddy. They provide renewal rates 50–130% greater than Microsoft’s when purchasing directly from them. For instance, the annual cost of GoDaddy Business Professional begins at $107.88 before increasing to $191.88 after the first year. This package is in line with the $150 per year Microsoft 365 Business Standard.
- Microsoft does not host the Microsoft 365 tools provided by GoDaddy. They were created for small enterprises and are operated by GoDaddy. As your business expands, you’ll need additional services, so don’t be surprised if you need to update them or add extras. GoDaddy’s version of Microsoft 365 does not include Power BI, Power Platform, Dynamics, or any other Microsoft 365 capabilities. You can only obtain these tools by switching to Microsoft; even then, you can encounter difficulties.
- The GoDaddy interface is made for companies with little to no IT expertise, unlike the Microsoft 365 admin portal, which is for companies with more advanced IT professionals. The GoDaddy Office 365 admin portal is a condensed, tool-limited version of the Microsoft 365 admin portal designed to make administrative chores easier.
- Although GoDaddy 365 is a fantastic service, you should know its restrictions before enrolling. Microsoft 365 Business plans are the only ones supported by GoDaddy 365. Plans at the Enterprise level cannot use it. There are only 300 users per plan as a result. To improve your plan size and have access to enterprise-level features like more significant storage space, better backup choices, and more capable reporting tools, you must switch to Microsoft’s actual Microsoft 365 once you reach 301 users (all of which are available in enterprise plans).
- Utilize a Microsoft Gold partner to help you traverse the complicated licensing options instead of attempting to work out the intricacies of Microsoft’s licensing options. This will ensure you obtain the best features and pricing for your company’s needs.
EPC Group Can Be Your Microsoft Office 365 Migrations Partner
EPC Group has been a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. We provide a wide range of Microsoft solutions and services that help our clients to meet their IT challenges effectively, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
Since Microsoft Office 365’s debut, we have provided businesses with top-tier solutions for installing and managing it. In addition, our tried-and-true tools have assisted businesses with top-notch Office 365 deployment solutions and inspired them to switch to Microsoft Office 365.
The popularity of simple collaboration tools has quickly and affordably changed thanks to Office 365 migration solutions, which also aim to address industry-specific requirements in the cloud environment. The transition to Office 365 has its own set of difficulties. However, each difficulty has successfully met us. We have assisted our clients with moving from G Suite to Office 365, GoDaddy to Office 365, Outlook to Office 365, and SharePoint to Office 365. In addition, we are experts in hybrid office 365 & 365 cloud migration as certified partners for the deployment of Office 365.