How Easy Is Power BI To Learn
Microsoft introduced the principle of Power BI back in 2009 with the notion of self-sufficiency. It’s nothing more than the development of Excel’s previous add-ins: Power-Pivot, Power-Query etc. You aren’t any longer reliant on the Microsoft Office edition installed at your workplace. Power BI works in a way that makes your data come to life by creating a sophisticated and summarized reporting system.
But the most common question that arises in people’s mind is- How Easy Is Power BI to Learn? Is it difficult? Can I learn it myself? Do I need a professional course or Power BI training to learn Power BI? Well! To answer all your questions, we are here!
But before we come to the ease level of power BI, let us quickly explain to you why you should learn Power BI!
Why Learn Power BI?
Professionals from all walks of life use Power BI because it is so flexible and filled with useful features, including:
- Business Administrators
- Accountants are one example of practitioners.
- Sales professionals, advertisers, and others.
- Designers of e-commerce websites
- Developers of e-commerce websites
Aiding in making better decisions using predictive analytics, Power BI, by lowering the likelihood of failure and eliminating the risks associated with it, helps make better choices. All you need is mobile connectivity, and you will easily be able to access the BI processed data for watching and rendering collaboration 24*7.
Is Power BI Easy To Learn?
Whether you are thinking about starting to learn Power BI or are in the middle of learning it and unsure whether or not to invest your time and efforts into it?
How to understand the language of Power Query or Power Pivot? So many things to look for, but where to start from? This article covers what is best for people who are set into the training of the Power BI.
The first two combine makes the data model, which requires one to know DAX, Power Query, Power Pivot and M language.
Power Query helps in shaping the tables, an important part of Data Modeling.
What Will You Get After Learning Power BI?
Power BI helps in discovering, data analysis and presentation in an answerable manner. Reasons for learning Power BI for your next presentation:
- Curated information for your institute
- It’s accessible from anywhere
- It allows you to share and collaborate data
- It has interactive visual dashboards
- It’s simple to use
- It’s the most cost-effective, low-cost options available
- It supports natural language search
Should I Learn All About Dax, Power Pivot And Not Just Power Query?
Power Pivot and DAX came out in the early 2010s when Power Query was not around.
SQL skills were required to shape data, but for those working on Excel, things were difficult.
A data Model created from DAX, Power Pivot, gave rise to whole new complications like manually feeding in the table or asking the tech guys for help creating several bottlenecks. Hence it is important to understand Power Query for the shaping of the tools in Power BI. Several institutes can teach you the same within a month. If you are trying to learn Power BI, then the best place to start would be grabbing the Data Model concept. This is also recommended by many Power BI Consultant in the business intelligence industry.
The break of learning period is as follows:
- 1-day course on how to download and install Power BI Desktop
- Study how to collect data from a variety of sources. – Duration: 2 days
- Know how to manage data on Power BI desktop in four days.
- 2 days to model the data, including learning about data relationships
- 5 Days of Visualization
- 12 Days of DAX Roles and how it functions with a daily minimum of two DAX Functions)
- 3 days learning about service function of Power BI
- And finally 1 Day Passage
The best thing is that it is easy to master. In my case, enjoy learning new skills and discover that learning and mastering Power BI is both simple and rewarding.
1. As stated above – Microsoft Power BI is the starting step
Begin learning Power BI by enrolling in Microsoft’s four-week introductory course.
2. Books: Hands-On Power BI Training For Data Science!
The majority of self-help books, if you love reading that would aid in your understanding of the fundamentals, which a steady rise would follow in difficulty.
3. Joining different Communities:
Join YouTube, Twitter and Quora and discuss with like-minded people to know more in detail regarding your doubts.
4. Joining courses to enhance visualization can escalate your chances of getting noticed.
A 10-day free trial is available for you to check out and start with seeing how you can quickly transform data.
How it Works:
A reflection of the workflow of the Power BI
- Creating connections to data sources
- Build up some Amazing Reports
- Dashboard Creation
Our Final Words Power BI and its analytics are some of the scorching hot topics discussed in this data dominated world today. Keeping oneself updated and using such a multi-functionality tool can only make our lives easier. Although the time one will take to learn is quite subjective! But yes, one thing we can say is that it is not as difficult as you think!