Google App Maker vs. PowerApps
Google rolled out its Google Home app maker back in January and has been pushing it as its best choice for building voice-activated apps. It’s managed to build a handy voice-controlled app maker, but Microsoft has already established itself with its PowerApps and is now expanding it to make it even more capable. This could give Google a headache, and the company is already dealing with OneCore, the new cross-platform OS that it’s working on.
So, in Google app maker vs. PowerApps, which of them is better? Let’s read more.
What is Google App Maker?
Google has launched a new program that allows anyone to create Android apps in as little as a month, which is a much faster process than previously available. Apps created through Google App Maker will be hosted on the Google Play Store and can be downloaded by anyone with an Android device.
The Google App Maker, or GAppMaker, is a new app builder that allows you to create apps for iOS and Android right on your desktop or laptop. The tool provides you all the needed tools to build your app. Then you can take it to the App Store or Google Play to submit it for release. There are two versions, one is the free version, and the other is the paid version. The paid version is a pro version, and it gives you access to some extra features, like a private dashboard, some extra themes, and some extra features.
What are the advantages of using Google App Maker?
The purpose of Google App Maker is to offer an alternative to writing traditional apps while also giving non-developers a chance to build apps that might not otherwise be possible.
Some of its advantages are:
- Google App Maker allows you to turn your website into an app without needing to write any code. This is a great solution for people that either don’t have time or aren’t skilled in web development. It can make the process of creating an app a lot easier and a lot cheaper than hiring a developer to do it for you.
- Google App Maker is a free service from Google that allows you to create your own apps using web tools. The apps you create can run on any web-connected device like your Android phone, your Chromebook, your iPhone, or your computer. You can share your apps with friends so that they can download them on their devices.
- If you’ve spent any time with Google App Maker, you know that the idea is simple enough: you install the app, take a few photos, or use a template, and then download the Android APK file to your phone. Then you take the APK file you just downloaded and upload it to your Google account. When you want to launch the app, you can pull up your Google account, browse the app, and then open it.
In the past, creating an app was a time-consuming process. After building the app, you had to get it approved by the app store, and then you’d have to wait for users to find and download it. But now there’s Google App Maker. This tool can turn any idea into an app in minutes.
What are its disadvantages?
Ever since the release of Google App Maker, it has been a very popular tool for web developers. This is mainly due to its ease of use and flexibility, allowing you to create virtually any type of app. Although this tool is very powerful in its capabilities, there are a few disadvantages that you should take note of before making the decision to use Google App Maker.
One of the disadvantages of using Google App Maker is that it will require you to have a working knowledge of Java, HTML, and CSS. This is because every page that you create in Google App Maker will be a Java app file. However, with a bit of persistence, you will be able to use this tool and create your own Android app.
What is Microsoft PowerApps?
PowerApps is one of the newest products developed by Microsoft, which is powered by its Azure platform. It helps you build and deploy custom apps for business in minutes, and it’s the easiest way to build cloud-powered apps. Fundamentally, PowerApps is a suite of tools that allows you to create your own custom apps from the ground up. You can then apply them on any device directly from PowerApps.
PowerApps is built on the Microsoft Graph—a set of Azure cloud services that allow users to search, find and share data. And it’s not just a cloud service. PowerApps allows users to create unique mobile and web applications that allow them to access and interact with data from anywhere, using any device, on any browser. This developer platform makes it easy to create applications that integrate with other business tools. You can create a mobile app that collects data, integrates with other enterprise applications, and can be deployed on virtually any device in a fraction of the time it would take to develop native apps.
What Are The Advantages Of Using PowerApps?
Here are the awesome advantages that PowerApps has to offer:
- PowerApps is a service that helps developers build and manage apps across Android, iOS, and the Web and provides a cloud-hosted database that can be used to track and update those apps. The app can be deployed to a number of connected devices, including tablets, phones, watches, and other wearable devices.
- PowerApps is a platform for creating natively connected apps for the enterprise. It is based on Xamarin and.NET so that it can run on any. A NET-based device, including Windows, iOS, Android, and web. PowerApps is free to use for all users and PowerApps can also integrate with Power BI to help visualize the data and create dashboards.
- PowerApps enables cloud-based development and sharing of apps through its App Studio and APIs. Developers can create apps that use PowerApps’ Smart Cloud and data services as a backend and modern user interface. They can create apps with a drag-and-drop visual interface and share them with other app developers through the App Studio.
- PowerApps is a cloud-based platform that helps you create mobile apps and websites without software development experience and can be run on any device with an internet browser.
The concept of PowerApps is simple: it provides you with a library of pre-built apps that you can quickly and easily integrate into your own system. This is the easiest way to get up and running with the PowerApps platform since you don’t need to build everything from scratch. Once you have PowerApps up and running, you can then deploy and customize your own apps to suit your needs.
EPCGroup provides PowerApps Consulting to organizations for Model-driven apps. We are a Microsoft Gold Certified partner and have over 70+ in-house experts in Microsoft Services.
What Are Its Disadvantages?
As with many new technologies, PowerApps are still in their infancy. In the past few months alone, Microsoft has rolled out a bevy of new features and capabilities for PowerApps. However, it’s not enough to install the PowerApps API and start playing. You’ve got to figure out what kind of workflows to create and how to use them.
Google App Maker vs. PowerApps: The Verdict
PowerApps and Google App Maker are both used to create app-like digital experiences. They are both powerful tools for creating and automating apps, and both have a place in serious developers’ toolboxes. However, Google App Maker is more limited with its capabilities (it can only create apps for Android), and PowerApps is more versatile (it can also create apps for iOS and Windows). Although their features and functions are somewhat different, both tools have a role to play in the modern Web development workflow.
Fill In The Below Form For – FREE 30 Mins POWER APPS Consulting
Sas Chatterjee is a Senior Architect with EPC Group. His focus lies in making sure that the execution of each engagement is delivered in a forward compatible, best practices manner. Sas is an extremely devoted professional and takes each project he is assigned very seriously. During the project execution phase, Sas invests the time needed with his clients to gain a full understanding of their requirements and develops a roadmap for achieving their desired end goal.
Talk to our Microsoft Gold Certified Consultants
Contact EPC Group
4900 Woodway Drive - Suite 830 Houston, Texas 77056